Sunday, August 23, 2015

First Day of School!

I get so excited at this time of year, I can hardly sleep!  This is the same feeling I used to have as a kid on Christmas Eve, anticipating the family visits, the food, and, of course, the presents.  Although there are no actual presents or special dinner tomorrow, the first day of school never gets old for me, despite the fact that I've had over 25 first school days as a teacher.  My wife tells me my inner teaching geek is showing, but I can't help wondering who my students are this year and thinking up ways to help them learn (and maybe even get excited about) math.

If you are reading this because you are one of my students, Welcome!  This is going to be a great year!  I really believe that you can get better at math this year, and most of my job is helping you be the best person, student, and mathematician that you can be.

If you are the parent or guardian of one of my students, know that I feel blessed to have the chance to know your child.  I know that as a core class, math is really important, and I will do my best to help each of my students succeed.  If you ever have a question, concern, or suggestion, please call or email me.

See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment